Sunday, May 15, 2011

This Weeks Fashion Turn On: ANKARA STYLES



I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!! I apologize for the wait.....I have been extremely busy with my new schedule and living life!!! I promise to never make you guys wait ever again :) Thanks again for all your support....I truly appreciate it!!!

This week's FASHION TURN ON.........ANKARA FASHIONS aka AFRICAN NATIVE MATERIAL aka KENTE CLOTH aka AFRICAN TRIBAL PRINTS aka MULTI-PRINTS FABRIC.  Im from Nigeria and we call it ANKARA.  The fabric comes in many colors and styles and can be made into anything your heart desires.  Im predicting this to be a HUGE trend this summer....... of course we Africans have been doing this for centuries. Im not gonna lie, I never cared for the material because it was boring but a couple of years ago I noticed that the colors were getting brighter and more creative, people were coming up with creative designs and I was impressed.  Now I'm a huge fan and own a couple myself.  It actually became mainstream thanks to Gwen Stefani who incorparated it in her LAMB clothing line.....and all the Celebrites who have adopted it into their wardrobes.






This trend is fun, creative, and very daring.....I loooooves it!!! The good news is the fabric is very affordable $25-$30 for 6yrds....the average person only needs 3yrds to make a dress, skirt, jacket, or etc.  Most tailors charge about $30 to $50 to sew the clothes. If you want additional information please email me at suckmyfashion@gmail.com  I can give you the specifics if your interested. Take a look at the creative/fashionable ways the fabrics is used for











I am having a fashion orgasm right now!!!!!!! lol I loooooove  those harem pants...its definitely going on my to do list.  The fabric is perfect for a cute summer dress or skirt...if your edgy you can pull off a blazer or pants.





I encourage you all to try this trend.........You will be a FASHION SUCKER in no time.....until next time LOVE FOREVER ALWAYS......ME!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Nice Post! Glad I found this blog!

    If you're into photography, check out my blog. I'm a photographer!

    www.electricbrandon.com

    If you want, follow it and I'll do the same. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete