Tuesday, March 22, 2011

This Weeks Fashion TURN ON: CREATIVE NAIL DESIGNS/ART


NAIL DESIGNS/ART is this weeks FASHION TURN.  Anybody who knows me knows that I am obsessed with my nails. My nails are reflection of me so of course there is nothing traditional about my nails.  I own over 45 different nail polishes. I have done everything from polka dots to bling'd out nails to the new shatter nails. I believe fashion is a tool that creatively expresses your feelings and it is know different when it comes to your nails.  Flashy, Funky, Artistic nails are now the new fashion accessory.  Of course African Americans have been doing this for many years but recent years it has crossed over to the mainstream, now everybody from Rihanna to Katy Perry to Star Jones can be seen  rocking creative designs manicures.  I'm all for stepping out the norm and there is no exception when it comes to your nails.  Have fun, get creative, but most of all don't be afraid to try something different.  You will be surprised how many different types of people will compliment your choice.  Here are some ideas to get you started.




These Designs are giving me a FASHION ORGASM right now.  I absolutely love them and I cant wait to try them.  







As you can see these DESIGNS  look fantastic on short nails just much as they do on long nails.  I'm sure you are wondering WHO the hell is responsible for these amazing creations?!?!?!?! Unfortunately she is based out of NYC but you can check out the rest of her work at www.MsPicasoOnPurple.tumblr.com.
For my Chicago peeps almost every nail shop in the city does nail designs....just ask and be specific with what you want and they offer affordable prices.  So give these ideas a try and in No time you will be a FASHION SUCKER!!!!!! Until next time............Love Forever Always, ME

2 comments:

  1. There is someone here,in chicago that does cool nail designs like this look her uo on fb and twitter, spifster nails. Just thought I'd share!

    ReplyDelete